Thursday, November 08, 2007

Cross stitch

Cross stitching has to be one of my most long-standing hobbies. I was taught by my Grandma when me and my sister were little, along with embroidery, quilting, knitting and crochet. Cross stitch is the only one I stuck at, though i'm planning on re-learning to knit in the new year.

I love cross-stitch, it's so easy and such stunning pictures can be created from just a blank piece of aida and some threads. I think it's brilliant that a series of crosses in varying colours, sometimes with a bit of backstitch for definition can create pictures of absoloutely anything. I tend to go for animal designs, generally enormous, complicated ones involving loads of colour changes so I have about four unfinished ones on the go at the same time then some smaller ones in between times as well!

Here is a work in progress photo of my current project:

Project Details:

  • Manufacturer: Heritage Stitchcraft
  • Designer: Margaret Sherry
  • Kit: Cattitudes: 'Get a Dog!' MSGD719. Available as a kit, containing either Zweigart 14 count Aida or 28 count Evenweave, with pre-sorted DMC threads, chart, needle and instructions.
  • Size: approx. 14cm x 14cm

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home