Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Packaging

Hello and welcome to June at Northern Dawn! Can't believe its here already. Things will be a bit quiet on here over the next 2 weeks. I am getting married on the 13th so there is a lot going on at the moment. This weekend I am having a dress fitting so Northen Dawn is closed from Thursday 4th June to Sunday 7th, and then again from Wednesday 10th to Monday 15th inclusive. Of course, you can still place an order, they just won't be processed while i'm away.

I have recently been looking into suitable ways of packaging my Jewellery and have invested in some lovely black flocked velvet boxes, which come in a variety of sizes and will be perfect for my earrings, bracelets and cascade and pendant necklaces. I am unsure of how to package my necklaces that are beaded all the way along their length though. I have ordered some black velvet drawstring pouches which are very cute, so they might be used for those necklaces.

I am also thinking of a way to make my packaging a little bit special. Rather than it just arriving in an envelope, something different to make it stand out. One of my bead suppliers, Jilly Beads, always includes a little packet of complementary beads and I think this is a really nice touch. There are so many people out there creating and selling handmade Jewellery something different is certainly required to stand out, so this is my current challenge!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home