Thursday, January 17, 2008

This is me!

I had great fun yesterday. I followed a link on a forum and took a Jung Typology Test and discovered my type is Introverted iNtuitive Thinking Judging (INTJ). There were two descriptions linked to from the test result and both sounded really quite like me! Here's one: The portrait of the Mastermind which just sounds impressive doesn't it! and the other is here: INTJ profile.

There were a couple of specific things that really yelled at me that they were significant:

When it comes to their own areas of expertise -- and INTJs can have several
-- they will be able to tell you almost immediately whether or not they can help
you, and if so, how. INTJs know what they know, and perhaps still more
importantly, they know what they don't know. INTJs are perfectionists, with a seemingly endless capacity for improving upon anything that takes their interest.

I am obsessed about knowing everything about a certain subject - if it takes my fancy I will read and read all sorts of stuff and I am always willing (probably too willing some may say!!) to share what I've found.

Whatever system an INTJ happens to be working on is for them the equivalent of a
moral cause to an INFJ; both perfectionism and disregard for authority may come
into play, as INTJs can be unsparing of both themselves and the others on the
project. Anyone considered to be "slacking," including superiors, will lose
their respect -- and will generally be made aware of this; INTJs have also been
known to take it upon themselves to implement critical decisions without
consulting their supervisors or co-workers.

Natural leaders, Masterminds are not at all eager to take command of projects or
groups, preferring to stay in the background until others demonstrate their
inability to lead. Once in charge, however, Masterminds are the supreme
pragmatists, seeing reality as a crucible for refining their strategies for
goal-directed action

This is me too! My way of dealing with things I've been told to do is simply ignore what I've been told and do my own thing anyway. I'm really quite bad for taking over a situation and getting quite bossy. Often if i'm in a small group and someone asks a question, I will jump in and answer before anyone else gets the chance!
Personal relationships, particularly romantic ones, can be the INTJ's Achilles
heel. While they are capable of caring deeply for others (usually a select few),
and are willing to spend a great deal of time and effort on a relationship, the
knowledge and self-confidence that make them so successful in other areas can
suddenly abandon or mislead them in interpersonal situations.
This happens in part because many INTJs do not readily grasp the social rituals; for
instance, they tend to have little patience and less understanding of such
things as small talk and flirtation (which most types consider half the fun of a
relationship). To complicate matters, INTJs are usually extremely private
people, and can often be naturally impassive as well, which makes them easy to
misread and misunderstand. Perhaps the most fundamental problem, however, is
that INTJs really want people to make sense.

This bit really struck home too. I have very few friends but those i have are very good ones that I would do anything for. My OH will talk to anyone and everyone, being friendly with people he doesn't even particularly like but I just can't be bothered. Why waste my precious time on people who don't appreciate it! And I am definitely private and impassive. I like that word - impassive. It's me, down to a T! I always say I have a lazy personality, I find it really hard to get enthusiastic about something that I couldn't care less about and I am very laid back - I really, genuinely don't mind what I eat, where we go when we go out, what time we walk the dogs! I know my OH thought that I was just saying 'I don't mind' when we first got together, but most of the time I really don't!

And this is the best bit:
They are rather rare, comprising no more than, say, one percent of the
population

I always knew I was a bit weird - now it's official! It is nice to be different though :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home