Sunday, August 02, 2009

Flickr

Flickr is a photo hosting website. I have known about it for many years and have used it to look for reference photographs for my drawings. However, I have never used it to host my photographs, mainly because I have my own web space and i've never been a great one for putting my photos out in cyber space.

Since joining Etsy, Flickr has come up many times as a useful promotional tool and I have looked at photographs on other Etsy sellers accounts. In the Etsy Success email I received on Thursday one of the useful forum posts it pointed us in the direction of was this one: How to use Flickr to get exposure for your Etsy shop, posted by dottyral, who makes very cool pin cushions. She discusses rules, Flickr groups, contacts and tags.

So, one task for tomorrow, join Flickr and start uploading some photos.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Mystic Indigo said...

Thanks for this...I need to be alot more proactive on flickr...I just use it to host photos, but I rarely put good descripts or tag words on them...

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home