Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Shopping!

I have been busy this afternoon credit card bashing and purchasing a whole load of Jewellery Findings, beads and card making bits.

The original shopping list read:
  • toggle clasps
  • earring wires
  • chunky chain
  • memory wire
  • split rings
  • headpins
  • 1mm black rattail
  • shrink plastic
  • ACEO toploaders
  • coloured cardstock
  • 5" x 7" envelopes
  • packaging boxes
  • ribbon
Currently there are 4 items not purchased: memory wire, toploaders, 1mm rattail and packaging boxes. The toploaders I shall get off ebay, the 1mm rattail only seems to be available from 1 supplier, who I didn't shop with today and i've not gone shopping for the boxes yet.

I went to my usual two suppliers, Jilly Beads and Handy Hippo and also discovered 3 new suppliers: Bead Sisters, Just Beads and Beads Unlimited. Hopefully, they'll be as efficient as Handy Hippo and Jilly Beads are.

I have discovered some fantastic charms, wooden beads & pendants which were purchased as well as the shopping list items. I was also introduced to coloured jump rings by Bead Sisters and the fantastic art of Chain Maille weaving, so I purchased vast quantities of pretty coloured jump rings and will have a go at the project ideas on their site when they arrive. I got really excited about it and can't wait to try out this new skill.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home